Let’s do the Instamojo review, a leading payment gateway provider based out of Bangalore, India.
Instamojo allows anyone to sell digital or physical goods and collects payments online.
Instamojo offers an online payment gateway solution for individuals and businesses.
As per Instamojo claims currently, they are serving more than 250,000+ individuals and businesses across India for digital payment collection and over 2.2 million people have made transactions.
Contents of this post
Contact deatils of Instamojo
- India address: 3rd floor, Maa Grace, 12, 7th Cross Road, Koramangala 1A Block, Bangalore – 560034
- US address: 340S, Lemon Ave #4308, Walnut, CA 91789, United States
Instamojo offers state-of-the-art technology backed payment gateway solution with optimized database queries, use of CDN for static resources, cache validation, gzip compression.
Instamojo uses Amazon web services as their server provider with SSL encrypted connections for secure online payments.
- Hosting Provider: Amazon’s AWS (Virginia Region)
- Nameserver Providers: Amazon Route 53
- Frameworks: Django CSRF & PHP
- Content Delivery Network: Amazon CloudFront
Debit Cards & Credit Cards:
VISA, MasterCard, Maestro, RuPay
Andhra Bank, AXIS, Bank of Bahrain and Kuwait, Bank of Baroda Corporate Banking, Bank of India, Bank of Maharashtra, Canara Bank, Catholic Syrian Bank, Central Bank of India, Citi Bank, City Union Bank, Corporation Bank, Cosmos Bank, DBS Bank, DCB Bank (Corporate Netbanking), DCB BANK Personal, Banking, Dena Bank, Deutsche Bank, Development Credit Bank, Dhanalakshmi Bank, Federal Bank, HDFC, ICICI, Indian Bank, Indian Overseas Bank, IndusInd Bank, Industrial Development Bank of India, Jammu and Kashmir Bank, Janata Sahakari Bank, Karnataka Bank, Karur Vysya Bank, Karur Vysya – Corporate Netbanking, KOTAK, Laxmi Vilas Bank, Laxmi Vilas Bank (Corporate Netbanking), Oriental Bank of Commerce, PNB, Punjab And Maharashtra Co-operative Bank, Punjab National Bank (Corporate), Punjab & Sind Bank, Royal Bank Of Scotland, Saraswat Bank, SBI, Shamrao Vitthal Cooperative Bank, South Indian Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur, State Bank of Hyderabad, State Bank of Mysore, State Bank of Patiala, State Bank of Travancore, Syndicate Bank, Tamilnad Mercantile Bank, The Nainital Bank, UCO Bank, Union Bank of India, Union Bank of India- Corporate Netbanking, United Bank of India, Vijaya Bank, Yes Bank
FreeCharge, MobiKwik, OLAMoney, JioMoney
Available for 8 banks, including ICICI, Axis and Yes Bank.
Also, supports UPI Payments & International card payments on request.
Instamojo offers most affordable online payment processing as under
- flat 5%+Rs. 3 per transaction for digital/downloadable goods
- flat 2%+Rs. 3 per transaction for physical products
However, if your transactions are growing and you have a good number of monthly transaction volume, you can further negotiate the processing fee and the TDR can be substantially decreased.
Also, please be noted that all payments are settled within 3 days.
Instamojo Signup Process
Getting an Instamojo account hassle free and takes only a couple of minutes. Below is the step-by-step process to help you get started:
1) Go to Instamojo.com and click on SIGN UP.
2) Fill up the Sign-up form by entering your email address and password.
You can enter the phone number and select a username of your choice.
This is important because your username is your payment identity on Instamojo.
It is advisable to use your username as that of your business name.
Email address: Preferably your company email address.
Password: Make sure you have a strong password.
Username: This is visible if you create a payment link or send a payment request. Make sure you choose a username related to your business.
3. Enter your PAN card details.
4) Enter your Bank Account details. Money from your sales will be credited to this account.
5) DONE! You can start collecting payments now
Instamojo offers several innovative payment solutions backed by robust technology, below are few key features which make Instamojo a startup friendly payment gateway:
- Payments via Whatsapp: Collect payments on WhatsApp, Instagram, FB and more. Just share Instamojo payment link and get done. It’s magic!
- Payments via Email & SMS: Request payment instantly via Email & SMS. Offer your clients the option to pay with credit/debit card or netbanking.
- Payments via Username: Share your Instamojo @username & get paid instantly. Stop sharing your sensitive bank details with everyone.
- Free Online Store: Sell digital/physical goods, tickets and more on your store. Kickstart your own brand in less than 60 seconds.
- Free Payments API: Accept & manage online payments across mobile & web with unified APIs. Plugins available for major e-commerce platforms.
Instamojo provides individuals, professionals, companies and startups a platform to sell digital and physical goods by listing the item on the website and sharing the web link with others.
With Instamojo, anyone can quickly create a payment link and share it on their website, social media, email etc.
Anyone can receive net banking, credit card or debit card payments.
The company was selected in the fifth batch of 500 Startups in October 2012 and has received funding from angel investors like Rajan Anandan, VP & MD of Google, South East Asia & India, and Sunil Kalra.
Instamojo secured $500,000 in 3 rounds from 8 investors of which the most recent one was the Series A funding on November 13, 2014.
In this round of Instamojo secured $500,000 in 3 rounds from 8 investors of which the most recent one was the Series A funding on November 13, 2014.
In this round of funding, Instamojo raised $2.6 million funding and was led by Kalaari Capital, 500 startups, Blume ventures and others.
Also Read: RazorPay Payment Gateway Review
What currencies are supported?
Instamojo processes payments only in Indian Rupees (₹).
Although they do not support payments in alternate currencies, they do support payments from cards issued outside India.
These customers will see the amount in ₹.
Do Instamojo support NGOs/ Non-profits?
Yes, Instamojo support NGOs/Non-profit organizations to collect payments on Instamojo for no additional fee.
If your NGO has an FCRA certification, they can enable international donations for you as well.
What if I have high volumes?
Contact Instamojo at [email protected]
What happens in the case of a refund?
Is the merchant charged on the transaction that gets refunded?
If you refund the money to your customer, you are not charged anything additional. Instamojo will retain the fee on the original transaction only.
When a refund is initiated, no additional transaction fee is charged for transferring the money back into your customer’s account.