Here is a list of Top 10 eCommerce Marketplaces in India (Last updated on 3rd Nov 2016).
These E-commerce marketplaces / websites/companies are in online business offering various products such as clothes, furniture, computer accessories, electronics, etc. Online marketplaces are growing rapidly as e-retail in India has performed extraordinarily in the past few years. In fact, as per Nasscom report, the Indian e-commerce industry will touch the $100 billion figure by 2020. It is no wonder that why there are new e-commerce marketplace players are coming every day and buyers have plenty of options to choose from. These eCommerce marketplaces are online mega-malls that let you sell virtually anything, and there are also niche marketplaces that let you sell only a few bunch of products. Each marketplace has its pros and cons, and in this post, we are not going to compare Top 10 eCommerce Marketplaces in India. However, this post is more a directory of Top 10 eCommerce Marketplaces in India.
1) Flipkart Corporate office – Bangalore, Karnataka | Establishment – 2007 | Business – E-Commerce | Website – www.flipkart.com | Flipkart is a Bangalore based e-commerce company which started its business by selling books online and then expanded to other categories like personal products, electronics, mobiles, home appliances, games, apparels, fashion accessories. Flipkart offers its users various discounts and payments options which include credit card, cash on delivery, EMI option and others. 2) Snapdeal Corporate Office – New Delhi, India | Establishment – 2010 | Business – E-Commerce | Website – www.snapdeal.com | Snapdeal based at New Delhi, was established in the year 2007 as an e-commerce company. It offers discounts and deals on wide range products in various categories starting from electronics, apparel, books, stationary, home and furnishing to automotive, mobiles, spa & restaurant deals and much more.
14th Floor, North Block, R-Tech Park, Western Express Highway, Goregaon (East), Mumbai, 400063, India
eBay India Pvt. Ltd. operates as a subsidiary of eBay Inc. Is one of the oldest e-commerce companies in India started? A remarkable success into other sections like mobile, home & kitchen, luggage, furniture, clothing, accessories and personal care. 4) Amazon.in Registered Office Address: Brigade Gateway, 8th floor, 26/1, Dr. Rajkumar Road, Malleshwaram(W), Bangalore-560055, Karnataka, India Amazon India Ltd. provides online retail services. The company was founded in 1994 and is based in India. The company operates as a subsidiary of Amazon.com Inc. Amazon.in is one of the leading e-commerce website in India giving its customers facility to shop from a wide range of products at discounted prices with multiple payment options including the most available option cash on delivery. 5) ShopClues ShopClues.com is an online marketplace, headquartered in Gurgaon, India. The company was founded in California’s Silicon Valley in 2011. It has over 12,000 registered merchants, 2,00,000+ products on the platform to over 42 million visitors every year across 9500 locations in the country. The e-commerce company is incorporated in Delaware. ShopClues joined as 35th entrant in the Indian e-commerce in 2011. The company employs about 700 people across different locations. 6) Infibeam Infibeam is an Indian internet and e-commerce conglomerate involved in online retailing, e-commerce software and web services. The company is headquartered in Ahmedabad, India. It is an online retailer of books, electronics, and automobiles in India. Started in 2007, the company has offices in Ahmedabad, Delhi, Mumbai, and Bangalore, and has a total of 1300 employees. Infibeam launched an e-book reader, Infibeam Pi, its successor Pi2, and a media device, Infibeam Phi. Infibeam became India’s first E-commerce company to file an IPO, in July 2015. 7) Shopping.rediff.com Rediff Shopping, a subsidiary of the renowned news and entertainment portal Rediff.com, started in 2001 and had since maintained its status amongst the largest online shopping website in the country. Rediff introduces a new era of shopping online at ease. Rediff is a one-stop destination for all your needs- choose from our range of apparels like t-shirts online, car accessories for your favorite ride, mobile phones, upholstery, home furniture, mobile accessories etc! 8) Naaptol Launched in January 2008, naaptol has grown to become one of India’s largest comparison based social shopping portal. A one-stop destination for shoppers, merchants, and market enthusiasts that bind buyers and sellers in a lucrative network. Started by two visionaries, Naaptol today has grown to a number that only honestly, integration and passion towards what you do can bring. From a tiny one digit number, we have grown to an organization of a large three finger who strive each day to deliver you smiles from across the country. 9) Homeshop18 Corporate office – Noida, India | Establishment – 2008 | Business – E-Commerce business | Website – www.homeshop18.com | HomeShop18 is India’s first 24-hour Home Shopping TV channel and rated among the top 10 e-commerce companies in India. HomeShop18 offers various products of over 1500 national and international brands. They have an extensive delivery network of more than 3000+ locations. At homeshop18 along with high-resolution images of your products, you get to see a demo video of the product. 10) Start Your Marketplace
Do you know you can start your eCommerce market using our multi-vendor eCommerce platform? And you can be on the top 10 list.
Benefits of Multi-Vendor Ecommerce Website?
- Sell vast range of products: Products sold on a multi-vendor store are featured by numerous vendors. Any eCommerce store that provides a huge variety of goods is the bounce to quickly generate traffic and sales.
- It shifts half the headache: Taking care of logistics, inventories, product additions & upgrades, pricing and various other details that come with running an online store require a big team and efforts. Multi-vendor store shifts these necessary tasks to your marketplace sellers, because ultimately your sellers have to take care of these things.
- Lesser expenses: As every seller will be managing his/her products on their own, you don’t need to hire people to do it. Your team can spend more time on answering customer’s queries, scaling, and marketing. With an experienced small team, you can drastically bring down expenses.
- No inventory: Warehousing and human resource related costs can break the back of any eCommerce startup. Starting a multi-vendor store will solve this big startup crunch as sellers will take care of inventory related complications.
Related: Benefits of Multi-Vendor eCommerce Store over eCommerce ShopRelated: Multi-Vendor Ecommerce Website; Everything you need to know